The Colour Factory has some very exciting news! On October 15 we will be celebrating the opening of our NEW GALLERY SPACE! The gallery is located onsite at the Colour Factory, in the arts precinct of Fitzroy.
We invite you to come along to the grand opening of the Colour Factory Gallery from 6 -8pm. Enjoy some complimentary wine and check out the space whilst enjoying the incredible, elaborate and entertaining work of Gerard O’Connor and Mark Wasiak.
Gallery opening hours are Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm. Other times can be arranged by appointment.
We are currently accepting proposals for the period November 2009 – June 2010. We welcome solo, group and curated exhibition proposals from emerging and established practitioners. If you are interested, please download an application form here.
* Exhibition duration is one month, including installation and de-installation.
* Openings will take place on the first Thursday from 6 – 8pm.
* Rental on the space is $500.00 per month and there is no commission on the sale of artworks.
* Artists who wish to print their work for the exhibition at the Colour Factory will get a 20% discount off rent.
* We welcome solo, group and curated exhibition proposals from emerging and established practitioners.
* We accept proposals for exhibitions of a variety of mediums. However, we may place preference on photographic exhibitions.
At Colour Factory we have a range of industry professionals, gallery curators, fine artists, students, art writers and collectors coming through the door on a regular basis. Thus, the opportunity for exposure is great.
The exhibition committee will consist of three members of the Colour Factory team; director Phill Virgo, production manger Shane Waghorne, and artist and academic Linsey Gosper. A guest collector and an established practicing artist will also be part of the panel.
For further information call us on +61 (03) 9419 8756 or email us at email@example.com.