Colour Factory Photographic Award 2012
Colour Factory is calling out for entries in the new annual Colour Factory Photographic Award. We encourage early career artists to participate in the opportunity of winning a solo exhibition at CF Gallery from 6th December 2012 – 26th January 2013. The prize covers all expenses of the gallery and includes fine art photographic printing (not framing).
The term photographic refers to the process of printing chromogenic ‘C-type’ prints. The submitted images must be made in camera. Photographers are invited to submit 5 A4 printed images from a series of work created within the last two years. Up to 10 images may be submitted, the remaining images are accepted as files. Entries submitted as files only are ineligible for the prize. The judges will be looking for images that are technically and conceptually strong, and form a cohesive body of work.
Entries close: Monday 15 October
Winner announced: Monday 12 November
Exhibition dates: 6 December–26 January 2013
Penny Harris Contemporary Art Collector
Lisa Fehily Director, Fehily Contemporary
Polixeni Papapetrou Photographic Artist
Terms and conditions of entry
- Entries will be considered from still photo based media including analogue and digital photography. The work must be captured ‘in camera’ to be eligible.
- Works must have been produced since October 2010.
- Works must not have been exhibited before with the exception of student exhibitions or individual works in competitions.
- Entrants must be an Australian citizen or hold a permanent resident visa or a current student visa.
- Relatives, employees and board members of Colour Factory and the judging panel are not permitted to enter.
- The award aims to provide an opportunity to early career artists working with photography. Generally, early career refers to artists who have not held a solo exhibition at a commercial gallery.
- Students may enter the award.
For further enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +61 3 9419 8756